FAID 2013 : call for volunteers
CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS
OFFICE OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY, EMBASSY OF FRANCE IN THE US
As part of its flagship seminar, the French American Innovation Day (FAID), the Office of Science and Technology of the French Embassy in the US (Boston section) is seeking from December 2nd to December 6th:
5 motivated and international-oriented volunteers:
The 2013 edition of the French American Innovation Day is co-organised the French Embassy in the USA, Inserm, Inserm Transfert and Inserm Transfert Initiative, and is designed by and for the stakeholders in technology transfer, strategic alliances and funding/venturing in Life Sciences.
This one day and an half of high-level meeting and networking with stakeholders of the life sciences and biotechnology sector from both France and the United States will be focused “innovation in life sciences as a driver for growth” and will address how investment and initiatives in this sector may lead to the overall growth, expansion, and recovery of the economy for the benefit of patients.
Visit the website: http://faid2013.france-science.org
- Minimum of 3 hours per day for the three days preceding the event (December 2-5)
- All day on December 5th to help run the conference
- Morning of December 6th
What we offer:
- An excellent opportunity to develop European acquaintances within the field of science & technology.
- The possibility to meet with prominent companies and people in the field of biotechnologies, technology transfer, venture capital and intellectual property.
- A dynamic and friendly team of co-workers
- Invitation to an exclusive post-event cocktail reception featuring the guest speakers at the Consul General’s residence.
What you will be expected to do?
- Promote the event (calling stakeholders in field of biotechnologies / distributing brochures to science & business faculties around Boston)
- Prepare the badges
- Set up & break down the seminar (banner, tables, etc)
- Work the reception desk & cloakroom
- Help the attendees and provide information
- A scientific background preferred
- A high interest entrepreneurship and biotechnologies
- Excellent networking skills
- Good French language skills prefered”
For further questions, please contact:
Deputy Attachée for Science & Technology
Consulate General of France in Boston
signature FAID 2013